If one of your goals is to get back to work this autumn when the kids go back to school, now is a great time to get going with your planning. This way you can enjoy your summer while still making progress on your goals.
Here are 10 things you can do between now and the beginning of the holidays to get started on the right track and build positive momentum for your career reboot.
1. Get clear on what it is you really want to do post-baby and find the 'best fit' career for you, by signing up for Ignite!, my free 7-day mini e-course especially designed for return-to-work and career change mums.
2. Give your professional confidence a boost by making a list of your strengths and achievements before and during your break. Remember that confidence comes from doing not thinking, so look for practical opportunities to regain your professional self, such as project work, or strategic volunteering. For other back-to-work confidence boosting tips and advice, read this.
3. Get inspired! Check out my list of best books for return-to-work mums.
4. Make sure you know all the steps a job search involves by popping over to the Work Happy Mums Resource Hub and downloading my Step-By-Step Guide To A Successful Job Search.
5. Read the answers to the 4 questions I most commonly get asked by return-to-work mums looking to find that ideal, family-friendly role. Simply to reply to this email if you'd like to ask me any other pressing questions on your mind.
6. Find out how CV’s have changed since you last looked for a job and what you need to do before you even start thinking about updating yours. If you would like some help creating a winning career relaunch CV, schedule a 60-minute CV review call, or come along to my CV writing workshop in Berlin on 20 June.
7. Update your LinkedIn profile and make sure you know all the ways LinkedIn can help you find a new job. I promise there are more ways than you think! This workshop might be helpful if you are not sure where to start.
8. Get informed about when and how to ask for flexible work arrangements during the job search process.
9. Tap into your existing network by meeting an ex-colleague for coffee, and begin expanding your tribe by joining a MumsLikeUs group, or starting one of your own in your town or city.
10. Book in for a complimentary Career Assessment call to find out more about how working with me can help you to get clear and focused about what’s next in your career and how I can support you in your return to work.
Here on the blog we offer insights and tips that will empower you to create a career and life that works for you wherever you are in your parenting journey.